Tips Getting To Tioman with Ferry
Travelling to Japamala
We offer land transfers and private car transfers between Mersing Jetty, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. From Mersing, board Japamala private speedboat for a 45-minute crossing to Tioman Island.
Your experience begins even before you arrive at Japamala. Departing after breakfast, enjoy a mid-morning coffee stop enroute to Mersing. On your return journey, there will be an opportunity to break your journey for a scenic picnic with a wine and cheese basket.
If you are returning to Kuala Lumpur, you can look forward to a stop at the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Malacca for a dose of history and heritage. Guests returning to Singapore will have the option of stopping at brand factory outlets in Johor for a spot of shopping.
Kuala Lumpur - Tioman Island
Land transfer from Villa Samadhi Kuala Lumpur to Mersing and a Boat transfer from Mersing to Japamala is at RM1605 per couple per way.
Singapore - Tioman Island
Land transfer from Villa Samadhi Singapore to Mersing and a Boat transfer from Mersing to Japamala is at SGD 740 per couple per way.
Mersing - Japamala - Mersing Boat Transfer
- Please take note that a liability and release form will have to be signed prior to boarding the vehicles.
- Japamala boat service is not available from November to February.
- Due to limited seats available, please make your bookings at least 3 business days in advance to avoid disappointment.
- The above transfer charges are valid until 31st October 2017. The Management of Japamala reserves the right to make changes on the charges without any prior notice.
- Please take note that it is our policy that should any stays during the Malaysian monsoon season be cancelled or unused due to the disruption of the ferry schedule or other transport services, there shall be no refund of payment made to us.
Alternative Options To Travel To Japamala
Other options to reach Japamala are by taxi, public bus or rented car to Mersing then the public ferry for the sea crossing. Kindly visit the website link below for bus tickets booking:-
Bus Ticket Booking: www.busonlineticket.com
Ferry & Speedboat
Guests are not able to be ferried to Japamala, therefore you're to alight at the nearest village called Genting. We will provide transfer at a fee of RM30 + 6% GST (including child 5 years old and above), please make your booking in advance.
Resort boat transfer are not obligatory, there are local boat taxis available at the jetty, as they may not have licences and insurance coverage the resort does not assume any responsibility if guests wish to use this mode of transfer.
At any time should there be cancellation of ferry / speedboat service from Mersing, hence causing a situation of being stranded at point of departure to Tioman. Japamala Resort shall not be held responsible for such predicament therefore will not refund any payment made earlier for booking of rooms.
Tioman is a relatively undeveloped island - getting around is done mostly by trekking or by sea taxi. Japamala Resort has its own boat which is available for hire on an hourly or per day basis. There is a rough road between Tekek and Juara - on the East side of the Island - local operators will drive you there for approximately RM35 one way.
For those wishing to extend their stay or proceed to other destinations within Malaysia - optional mainland tours and holiday packages can also be arranged on your behalf. Please check with our front office.