Tips Getting To Tioman with Ferry
Travelling to Japamala
We offer travel by land transfer between Kuala Lumpur and Mersing before boarding JAPAMALA's private speedboat for a 45-minute crossing to Tioman Island. This no boring transfer, with the experience beginning even before you arrive at JAPAMALA. Departing Kuala Lumpur after breakfast, enjoy a mid-morning coffee stop on the way to Mersing and on your return journey, there is an opportunity to break for a scenic picnic with a wine and cheese basket as well as a stop in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Melaka for a dose of history and heritage.
In addition to the KL - Mersing route, we also offer land transfers between Singapore and Mersing, with the option of stopping at the brand factory outlets in Johor for a spot of shopping before re-entering Singapore on the return journey.
We also offer private car transfers for both Kuala Lumpur and Singapore routes to Mersing. Kindly refer to the time table and pricing below.
Kuala Lumpur - Tioman Island
Land transfer from Villa Samadhi Kuala Lumpur to Mersing and a Boat transfer from Mersing to Japamala is at RM1605 per couple per way.
Singapore - Tioman Island
Land transfer from Villa Samadhi Singapore to Mersing and a Boat transfer from Mersing to Japamala is at SGD 740 per couple per way.
Mersing - Japamala - Mersing Boat Transfer
- Please take note that a liability and release form will have to be signed prior to boarding the vehicles.
- Japamala boat service is not available from 1st November 2016 to 28th February 2017.
- Due to limited seats available, please make your bookings at least 3 business days in advance to avoid disappointment.
- The above transfer charges are valid until 31st October 2017. The Management of Japamala reserves the right to make changes on the charges without any prior notice.
- Please take note that it is our policy that should any stays during the Malaysian monsoon season be cancelled or unused due to the disruption of the ferry schedule or other transport services, there shall be no refund of payment made to us. However, if paid bookings during this time are made together with a flight operator SAS Air flight booking, then the paid amount may be used to off-set a re-booking at any time during your lifetime.
Alternative Options To Travel To Japamala
Other options to reach Japamala are by taxi, public bus or rented car to Mersing then the public ferry for the sea crossing. Kindly visit the website link below for bus tickets booking:-
Bus Ticket Booking: www.busonlineticket.com
Ferry & Speedboat
Guests are not able to be ferried to Japamala, therefore you're to alight at the nearest village called Genting. We will provide transfer at a fee of RM30 + 6% GST (including child 5 years old and above), please make your booking in advance.
Resort boat transfer are not obligatory, there are local boat taxis available at the jetty, as they may not have licences and insurance coverage the resort does not assume any responsibility if guests wish to use this mode of transfer.
At any time should there be cancellation of ferry / speedboat service from Mersing, hence causing a situation of being stranded at point of departure to Tioman. Japamala Resort shall not be held responsible for such predicament therefore will not refund any payment made earlier for booking of rooms.
Tioman is a relatively undeveloped island - getting around is done mostly by trekking or by sea taxi. Japamala Resort has its own boat which is available for hire on an hourly or per day basis. There is a rough road between Tekek and Juara - on the East side of the Island - local operators will drive you there for approximately RM35 one way.
For those wishing to extend their stay or proceed to other destinations within Malaysia - optional mainland tours and holiday packages can also be arranged on your behalf. Please check with our front office.